Sunday, August 07, 2011

Here I Am, Signing Up Again

     Here I am again, Abba. How often do I seem to want to stray away from your heart? My heart's desire is to be wholehearted, childlike, and mature in my trust in you and in my love for you. And yet, I find myself again and again throwing a childish fit when I don't receive what I think you want for me. I don't want to disqualify myself when you don't disqualify me, but I don't want to make a religious excuse for my sin either. I love you, Abba, and I want to please you in everything that I do. I didn't please you yesterday, and I missed a great opportunity to partner with you in prayer. Please forgive me and set my heart again in the place of wholehearted devotion to you. You are my greatest treasure and my greatest pleasure, and I don't want to sacrifice your presence on the altar of my own selfish desires that don't really satisfy anyways. I know that I can only love you as much as I receive and understand how much you love me. I sign up again to love you with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength, Abba. In Yeshua's Name, Amen.

No comments: