Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Questions Of Fatherhood


Question: What is my role as a father in this life?

Answer: Lover, Teacher, Guide, Mentor, A Pointer To The Truth, A Resource Of Truth, & A Shepherd. I want to encourage my children's search for the answer to the question 'What Is Truth?' while all the time pointing them to Jesus as the answer to that question. I want to speak God's destiny and identity into their lives as much and as often as possible. I want to encourage my children to know God's Word from as young an age as possible. I want to instill a love of the truth in my children. I want to be a refuge for my children.

Question: What is my goal as a father in this life?

Answer: That my children would learn and grow in the knowledge of God, trust Him with all of their lives, and become conformed into the very image of Jesus even when the world is shaking apart and unbelievers hate them and would try to have them killed.

(Psalm 1:1-3; Luke 1:17, 74-79; 2 Timothy 1:6-7)

Written May 20, 2012

No comments: